- Powering Pulse Research Lab Modules
- 4 DC Output Jacks, 4P4C
- 2 Output Voltages, +9.0, -9.0, nominal
- Auto-switching 120/220 VAC input, 50/60 Hz
- AC Fuse Current Limit
The PRL-760E-120/220 is a four-output auto-switching AC/DC power supply adapter for powering Pulse Research Lab modules. PRL modules requiring a power supply are shipped by default with a compatible supply, equivalent to the PRL-760E, unless it is specifically excluded by appending the "-OEM" suffix, e.g. the PRL-414B includes a power supply and all required cables, whereas PRL-414B-OEM omits the power supply and cables.
The PRL-760E-120/220 is offered separately as a replacement part.
The four sets of DC outputs from the PRL-760E-120/220 are designed for powering all modules from Pulse Research Lab except for the PRL-470 Series and the PRL-177A series, which require, and are typically bundled with, the PRL-760C-120 or PRL-760C-220. The PRL-760E-120/220 replaces part numbers PRL-760C-120, PRL-760C-220 in all applications except for the two series mentioned above.* PRL-760E replaces PRL-760D-120/220 in all applications.
Each output jack from the PRL-760E-120/220 supplies 2 voltages, nominally +9.0 VDC and -9.0 VDC, and a common return via a 4-position, 4 conductor (4P4C) modular jack. Not all PRL products use both supply voltages; many use only the +9.0 V voltage, and some use only the -9.0 V voltage. Please check each module’s specifications to see the voltage and currents required.
The PRL-760E-120/220 is housed in a 3.86 x 1.68 x 5.44-in. molded plastic enclosure with a detachable AC input cable (US, two-prong unpolarized, NEMA 1-15) and an internal 250VAC/1A slow-blow fuse (5mm x 20mm).
This power supply may be ordered under marketing part number PRL-760E-120/220, which includes the following:
- PRL-760E, power supply “brick” with marking “PRL-760E”, one AC input socket and 4 DC output jacks, no cables
- 33000102, 2-prong AC power cord, NEMA1-15 (U.S. unpolarized plug) to C7 unpolarized, 6’
- 4 DC output cables, 88000102-4, with 4P4C modular plugs, 4’
For use outside the U.S., use either a plug adapter or a C7 unpolarized AC cable with the required AC plug for your country. DC power from the PRL-760D may be further distributed using the PRL-730 Voltage Distribution Module, with 8 bussed 4P4C jacks.
To mount the PRL-760E series to a flat plate, see this page.
* Supplies of the PRL-760C-120 and PRL-760C-220 are limited, and may be purchased only for support of previously-purchased PRL-470D and PRL-177A-xxx units. To purchase a PRL-760C-120 or PRL-760C-220, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the serial number of your PRL-470D and PRL-177A-xxx units. The PRL-760D-120/220 is no longer available for sale, as the PRL-760E replaces it in all applications.
(0° C ≤ TA ≤ 35° C)*
|VAC||AC/DC Adapter Input Voltage Range||94||246||V||Rated 100-240 VAC|
|Frequency||AC/DC Adapter Input Frequency||47||60||63||Hz||Rated 50 - 60 Hz|
|IAC1||AC Input Current @ 120VAC/60Hz/full load||0.57||A||½ load|
|IAC2||AC Input Current @ 220VAC/60Hz/full load||0.39||A|
|VDC1||DC Output Voltage, +9.0 VDC rail||9.0||9.2||9.3||V||unloaded|
|IDC1||Maximum DC Output Current +9.0 VDC rail||2.0
|VDC2||DC Output Voltage, -9.0 VDC rail||-9.3||-9.2||-9.0||V||unloaded|
|IDC2||Maximum DC Output Current -9.0 VDC rail||-2.0||A|
|TPO||Power On Time||4||sec|
|Overload Protection||Auto recovery once fault is removed|
|DC output socket connector||4P4C||Modular Jack|
|DC output cable length||4||ft|
|AC supply cable, adapter side||C7||unpolarized|
|AC supply cable, wall side||NEMA 1-151||unpolarized|
|AC input cable length||6||ft|
|Input Fuse||T2A, 250VAC||Littlefuse 392 or equiv.|
|Size||3.86 x 1.68 x 4.50||in|
The PRL-760E-120/220 is designed for use with PRL products only. Performance under any other application is not guaranteed