Variable Output Pulse Drivers
PRL-470D High Speed, Line Driver & Level Translator
- Long Line Driver/ Level Translator
- Laser Diode Driver
- TTL/CMOS/ECL Device Testing
- Amplifier Large Signal Response Testing
- TDR Source for Cable Testing
- A Basic Laboratory Tool (MMI)
- tr= 800 ps Typical @ 5 V Output into 50 Ω
- +5 V/-3 V Output HL/LL into 50 Ω
- +10 V/-6 V Output HL/LL into 1 MΩ
- Normal or Inverted Output
- f/2 Mode for Square Wave Output
- fmax to 300 MHz @ 3.5 V Output
- TTL and single-ended NECL Compatible Inputs (logically ORed)
- Self-contained 1.3 x 2.9 x 8.1-in. Module includes an AC/DC adapter
The PRL-470D is a high speed 50 Ω Line Driver/Level Translator with independently variable output Hi and Lo levels. It has TTL- and NECL-compatible inputs. The TTL input has a 50 Ω to ground termination, and the single-ended NECL input has a 50 Ω/-2 V termination. The TTL and NECL inputs are logically ORed; therefore a Hi level applied to either input can be used as a gate signal. The PRL-470D is an improved version of the earlier Model PRL-470B.
The output Hi and Lo levels are independently variable from 0 V to +5 V and 0 V to -3 V into 50 Ω, respectively, or 0 V to +10 V and 0 V to -6 V into 1 MΩ. The maximum output peak to peak swing is 8 V into 50 Ω, or 16 V into 1 MΩ. The back-terminated 50 Ω output can drive long 50 Ω lines with or without load termination. A Normal/Invert switch provides output logic polarity selection, and an f/2 switch provides square wave output. The 50 Ω TTL input requires less than 1 V for triggering.
The 800 ps rise time output makes the PRL-470D a cost-effective TDR source for testing cables. Typical maximum clock rate is 300 MHz @3.5 V output and 250 MHz @5 V output, well suited for testing logic circuits of different families, amplifiers and many semiconductor devices.
The trigger output generates > 400 mV into 50 Ω or > 800 mV into high impedance, and is back-matched with 50 Ω for driving un-terminated loads. The self-contained 1.3 x 2.9 x 8.1-in module is supplied with a ±8.5 V/+17 V AC/DC adapter.
Multiple PRL-470D modules together with other PRL logic function modules, such as Clock Sources, Fanout buffers, Frequency Dividers, Programmable Delay Lines, Logic Level Translators, etc., can be rack-mounted for systems test applications. Consult factory for more information.