The PRL-414B is a 1:4 fanout 50 Ω TTL Line Driver. It is intended for distribution of high-speed clock and logic signals to multiple loads via long lines. The 50 Ω back-terminated outputs can drive long lines with or without 50 Ω load terminations; With 50 Ω load terminations, however, all outputs of the PRL-414B can drive 100 ft of 50 Ω cables at clock rates greater than 80 MHz. In one important application, the PRL-414B is used for distributing a precision clock signal to a number of test stations in the lab.
The input resistance of the PRL-414B can be selected to be either 50 Ω or 1 kΩ by a switch. The 1 kΩ-input is desirable when interfacing with low power circuits. All I/Os are DC coupled and have BNC or SMA connectors.
The PRL-414B is housed in a 1.3 x 2.9 x 2.9-in. extruded aluminum enclosure and is supplied with a ±8.5 V/±1.8 A AC/DC Adapter. A maximum of four units can share a single AC/DC adapter using the PRL-730 voltage distribution module. If mounting is needed, a pair of the #35001420 mounting brackets can accommodate any two PRL modules of the same length.
A block diagram showing the equivalent input and output circuits of the PRL-414B is shown in Fig. 1.
Fig. PRL-414B Block Diagram
Sample Applications and Related Products for PRL-414B
- PRL-171, Fanout Crystal Clock Source
- PRL-172, Four-Phase Crystal Clock Source (f, f/2, f/4, f/8)
- PRL-173, Two-Phase Crystal Clock Source (f, f/5)
- PRL-852A, 2 GHz A/B Switch
- PRL-220A, Four Phase Frequency Divider (f/2, f/4, f/8, f/16)
- PRL-240A, Two Phase Frequency Divider (f/2, f/10)
- PRL-350TTL Dual Channel Output Comparators
- PRL-420ND Dual Channel TTL to ECL Translator
- PRL-420PD Dual Channel TTL to PECL Translator
- PRL-420TD Dual Channel Differential TTL Line Driver (converts single-ended TTL to differential TTL)
- PRL-450ND Dual Channel ECL to TTL Translators
- PRL-450PD Dual Channel PECL to TTL Translators
PRL-470 High Speed Line Driver and Level Translator
SPECIFICATIONS (0° C ≤ TA ≤ 35° C)*
|RIN LO||Input Resistance Low Range||49.5||50||50.5||Ω|
|RIN HI||Input Resistance High Range||990||1000||1010||Ω|
|VIL||TTL Input Low Level||-0.5||0||0.5||V|
|VIH||TTL Input High Level||2.0||2.4||5.0||V|
|VOL||TTL Output Low Level||0||0.25||0.5||V||RL=50 Ω|
|VOH1||TTL Output High Level||2.2||2.5||V||RL=50 Ω @ DC|
|VOH2||TTL Output High Level||4.4||5||V||RL=1 MΩ @ DC|
|IDC1||DC Input Currents||280||350||mA||f ≤ 100 MHz|
|IDC2||DC Input Currents||220||250||mA||f =50 MHz sq. wave(1)|
|VDC||DC Input Voltages||7.5||8.5||12||V|
|VAC||AC/DC Adapter Input Voltage||103||115||127||V|
|TPLH||Propagation Delay to output ↑||10||12||ns|
|TPHL||Propagation Delay to output ↓||8||12||ns|
|tr||Rise Time (10%-90%)||2.2||3||ns||f =50 MHz sq. wave|
|tf||Fall Time (10%-90%)||1.8||3||ns||f =50 MHz sq. wave|
|TSKEW||Skew between any 2 outputs||500||1500||ps||f =50 MHz sq. wave|
|FMAX1||Max. Clock Frequency(2)||100||120||MHz||RG58C/U Cable length =3 ft|
|FMAX2||Max. Clock Frequency(3)||80||RG58C/U Cable length =100 ft|
|PWMIN||Min. Pulse Width||4||ns||↑ Input|
|PWMIN||Min. Pulse Width||6||ns||↓ Input|
|Size||1.3 x 2.9 x 2.9||in|
|Weight||5||Oz||Excluding AC adapter|
|Shipping Weight||4||lb||Including AC adapter|
Unless otherwise specified, dynamic measurements are made with all outputs terminated into 50 Ω.
(1) For sharing a single PRL-760C, ±8.5 V ±1.8 A AC/DC adapter, the total current should not exceed 1.8 A.
(2) fMAX should not exceed 120 MHz; otherwise, damage of the unit due to overheating may result.
(3) fMAX2 is measured by connecting a second PRL-414B at the end of the 100 ft. cable.