GPS System Integration
1 PPS Distribution and Translation for GPS with IRIG-B and 10 MHz Distribution Solutions:
GPS and related navigation/positioning technologies require precision distribution of 1 PPS and time code with low skew. PRL fanout buffers can distribute your timing signals from a single source to 2, 4, 10 or more destination stations. Selected modules include logic translation, so you can convert to/from TTL, ECL, PECL, LVPECL, RS-422, or LVDS as required. PRL also offers modules for converting sinewave/RF timing to TTL, ECL, or other logic families.
Digital Buffering and Distribution:
Our most common application is 1 PPS distribution to multiple systems with high precision. All of our fanout products are edge-triggered logic buffers with fast rise times, which preserves your timing integrity throughout the system. All of our active outputs are 50 Ω line drivers, enabling you to distribute signals throughout your lab or throughout your entire station.
Better than a 1 PPS distribution amplifier, our buffered fanout modules ensure logic-compatible output signals no matter how many loads are connected or how they are terminated. Even shorting of outputs will not affect the other outputs.
Logic-level buffering also cleans up noise or ringing on the input signal and re-generates clean square waves with fast rise times and 50 Ω drive capability.
Programmable delay modules allow you to perform system-level deskewing or to simulate time-of-flight differences. Popular models include:
- PRL-414B, 1:4 TTL Fanout Buffer, 130 MHz
- PRL-4108U, 1:8 Translator/Fanout Buffer, Universal Differential and TTL Inputs, NECL, RS422 or TTL Outputs
- PRL-4110, 1:10 TTL Fanout Buffer
- PRL-4122, 1:22 TTL Fanout Buffer
- PRL-4220, 2:20 TTL Fanout Buffer
- PRL-434A, 1:4 NECL Fanout Buffer, 4+ GHz
- PRL-424LV, 1:4 LVDS Fanout Buffer, 1.25 GHz
Individual models have channel-to-channel skew as low as 50 ps.
Use our comparators to convert sinewave signals into logic-level signals. The PRL-350 series will trigger on signals as small at 10 mVpp and operates up to 2 GHz.
- PRL-350TTL, 2 Ch. Comparator, TTL outputs
- PRL-350ECL, 2 Ch. Comparator, NECL outputs
- PRL-350LP, 2 Ch. Comparator, LVPECL outputs
Use our active and passive RF splitters and amplifiers to distribute sinewave signals. Inverting, non-inverting, and differential outputs available:
- PRL-304N-0dB, 1:4 RF Distribution Amplifier, 0 dB
- PRL-304NI-0dB, 1:2 Differential RF Distribution Amplifier, 0 dB
- PRL-302N-0dB, 1:2 Non-Inverting RF Amplifier, 0 dB
- PRL-302I-0dB, 1:2 Inverting RF Amplifier, 0 dB
- PRL-302N-6dB, 1:2 Non-Inverting RF Amplifier, 6 dB
- PRL-302I-6dB, 1:2 Inverting RF Amplifier, 6 dB
- PRL-812-SMA, 1:2 Passive RF Splitter, -6 dB
- PRL-812D, 2 x 1:2 Passive RF Splitter, -6 dB
- PRL-814, 1:4 Passive RF Splitter, -12 dB